Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Wise Walking

Two things are on my mind today - first: Eric and I have decided to get in shape. Yes, we have decided on this path before, but this time it's serious! Counting calories and exercising will be our courses of action and I'll try to keep you updated with our progress! I also read a verse this morning that I'm trying to put to use in my life for the next few weeks: "He who trusts in himself is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom is kept safe." (Proverbs 28:26)I am trying to "walk in wisdom" as I make certain decisions, but it's hard to discern whether I am just doing what I think is right, or if God is the one guiding my path. How do you know which it is? Do I have to wait for the situation to play itself out and then I'll know? Or is feeling at peace with a situation good enough? Sometimes I feel as if I am talking myself into an "at peace" state and never really know!
Eric and I will be walking to keep our bodies healthy and I will be constantly checking myself to see if I am walking in the depth of God's wisdom instead of becoming comfortable in my limited understanding.

1 comment:

Dennis and Valerie said...

Halloooooooo, my friend. Welcome to the blog realm. Looks like you've started off quite nicely. :)