...than listening to Josh Groban serenade me in Spanish (which I thought was Italian until a few seconds ago) as I blog?
Having my dishes being washed for me, that's what!
At this very moment, the little white machine in the kitchen is churning happily away as I sit and relax with my little MacBook. About a week ago, the dishwasher fairy (ok, the dishwasher husband) installed a DishDrawer (DD) in our tiny kitchen. That little word "installed" sounds like an easy process - but nothing could be further from the truth! Because we live in a nearly 100-year-old house, the kitchens are slightly less deep than those in current / modern houses. Therefore, my incredibly handy husband performed the following feats for the "installation":
1) Removed the cupboard door next to the sink.
2) Removed and reinstalled the shelf in aforementioned cupboard at a lower height.
3) Cut out plaster and lathe in the back of the cupboard.
4) Notched out studs in wall behind plaster and lathe for flush mounting of DD.
5) Ran new water lines for DD.
6) Ran drain line for DD.
7) Installed new electrical for DD.
8) Inserted wonderful DD.
9) Allowed me to fill and run the first (and subsequent) load of dishes.
Portions of this project were performed as I attempted to fight off a nasty cold / sinus thing, and I may be forgetting a few steps. However, it takes a lot of work to install a DD and I am VERY thankful to my wonderful man for making my kitchen duties much less time consuming!
Isn't he a great guy?
Байки беляцкого примирения
10 months ago