Sunday, August 26, 2007

We are Proud Homeowners! (for the 2nd time)

This morning, at 9:00 am, Eric and I purchased our second home! The address is *now a secret due to Eric being out of town* and here are the photos of our new "Tiny House." :) (Note the SOLD sign!)















Everything seemed to work out perfectly with our search for homes in Omaha! I have relatives that live very close by to our new home and they had great suggestions for what parts of town to live in and good neighborhoods to look at. After looking casually for only 2 weekends (and checking the website every day for new listings), we changed our housing criteria and right away found this great house.















It needs work (not structural, just cosmetic!) and some help with its yard, but we love the style and quiet neighborhood! (Check out the great woodwork and I think it has 10 windows on the first floor alone!) We have a fantastic front porch (which we've always wanted)















and a basement where Eric plans to spend time tinkering with projects. (Note the half-door at the far end of the room - it leads to a short-ceilinged storm cellar. We've already decided to leave the door open and light on at all times - I think I've seen to many scary movies - the short door scares me!)















Our first goal will be to clean everything (it has an "old-house" smell) and then completely redo the 2nd floor which will be the master bedroom. Eric also wants to add a bathroom to the second floor by adding a dormer and cutting out the cupboards that flank one wall.















We're really excited to have our "Tiny House" and look forward to giving very short tours very soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new house. It should be easier to visit you in Omaha, next time we are home (read Christmas time). xoxoxo Aunt Kris

Anonymous said...

You've been busy! I'm so excited!

Andi said...

Have I mentioned that it sucks that you are moving? :) It's an adorable house! Can't wait to see it! congrats! We need to get together soon!
Andi

Dennis and Valerie said...

I love it! It looks really cute and very homey already. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

But I'm going to miss you in LINCOLN!!!! What are we going to do to get together when I come down??!

Anonymous said...

Sigh. You're moving. I'm very excited about your new house, though! I'll have to drive by there and see it one of these mornings before work. I love that older style.
-B the G : )

blue_eyed_boo-boo said...

Wow! Its all cute and tiny! I like it!

If you need help with any painting or stuff. Just call and I'll take off work to come help out.