Thursday, April 24, 2008

Flip-Flops and Fruit Juice

I had a "Naked" fruit juice blend today. Mmmm... I can't remember the name, but it's the one that has mostly berries in it and has energy in the title and is purple. Good Stuff!!! And I am wearing flip-flops with my jeans today. I finally got rid of the remnants of the six-week-old pedicure and have naked toenails. Don't get any ideas - nothing else is naked today. Just my juice and toenails. So, I'm wearing flip-flops, drinking fruit juice and sitting across from a weird little boy that sat down across from me in the library. He read "Catch-22" for about an hour, snickered three times (I'm assuming it was something he read) and left. But not before standing and using the wall to support himself as he stretched out his legs from an hour of sitting. Sheesh - kids these days!
I really needed to get three evaluations written today, and have had NO luck. The problem is this: my last three evals I turned in were marvelous. These are not my words: the teacher posted them in our class folder as shining examples for all to see. And when I reread them, I can't believe I wrote such eloquence! I'm not being arrogant - simply happily confused they turned out so well.
Fastforward to today: Three more evals are due tomorrow and I've already done as good as I will ever do. How can I compete with my own amazing standard? Everything I write sounds like drivel and all my word placements seem awkward. So, there's my prediciment What do you do when your best is behind you, but you still have to perform in the future?
I suppose I'll keep writing tonight after a few caffeinated drinks. Maybe my brilliance is contingent upon the number of Coke Zeros I drink in a 12 hour period. I'll let you know...

1 comment:

Dennis and Valerie said...

It's only downhill after you get all the accolades- see what I mean? I can't even remember how to spell that word anymore!

My feet were naked yesterday AND the day before! :D Happy, happy!