Monday, July 31, 2006

The First Fitness Update!

It has been MANY weeks since I reported that Eric and I were going to try to get into shape! :) And yes, for a while we just loafed around the same as always, continually saying "We'll do ________(physical activity) tomorrow." But today, I am pleased to announce that we are beginning our SEVENTH week of running! I don't think we have ever stuck to any exercise program as long. Besides the constant aching in my previously neglected leg muscles, (which I try to ignore) I feel great! For anyone who knew me before the birth of my blog, you know I had been diagnosed with chronic fatigue and was sleeping 10 hours a night and 2-3 hours during the day. Since beginning our running regimen, I haven't napped AT ALL during the day and have had energy to spare! If you think about how hot it has been here for the past 3 weeks (90-100 degrees every day), this is amazing! The heat hasn't drained me and I feel better than I have in a loooooooong time. So, that is my "Ode to Running" post. I hope this inspires you to get out and exercise, even though it is the middle of summer - your body will thank you!

Eric & KT's Running Schedule:
(Running Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)

Week 1 -
Run 2 minutes, walk 4 minutes (repeat 4 times)
Week 2 -
Run 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes (repeat 4 times)
Week 3 -
Run 5 minutes, walk 2 1/2 minutes (repeat 3 times)
Week 4 -
Run 7 minutes, walk 3 minutes (repeat 2 times)
Week 5 -
Run 8 minutes, walk 2 minutes (repeat 2 times)
Week 6 -
Run 9 minutes, walk 2 minutes (repeat once) Run 8 minutes
Week 7-
Run 9 minutes, walk 1 minute (repeat 2 times)
Week 8 -
Run 13 minutes, walk 2 minutes (repeat)
Week 9 -
Run 14 minutes, walk 1 minute (repeat)
Week 10 -
Run 30 minutes

1 comment:

Dennis and Valerie said...

Wow, KT, I'm so impressed! Running for 9 min. sounds exhausting to me! LOL It has been really hot here too, a record high for the year was yesterday- something like 38 C (100.4 F) and 46 C (114 F) with the humidex. Very unusual for up here! Let me tell you, I did not go outside too much.
My update: I've lost 24lbs! Woo hooo! Now if we could combine our successes... we'd be lean, mean fighting machines...