Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm Tired - Update #2

I hesitate to post about being tired - everyone is tired, right? But, I have taken this state to the extreme. Right now, it's 6:59 a.m. It's still dark out (although the eastern sky is turning blue) and the dogs have had their breakfast and are sleeping again. But, me? I'm up typing...here. I don't have anything to do until 11:00, so why not sleep? The circles under my eyes have doubled - which means they have extended beyond their normal boundaries to halfway down my cheeks. (I'm not joking - if I had better morning hair, you'd get a picture sans makeup.)

I can't sleep because my mind won't shut off. I think this is usually a female phenomena. Or it could be one of my particular quirks. Because of the insane amount of things to do, I can't slow my brain down enough to rest. So, in an attempt to empty them from my mind, here is the dreaded list:

1. Finish all laundry -wash towels
2. Empty suitcases (which are storing seasonal clothes) and begin to pack - DONE
3. Dust and vacuum the house
4. Sweep kitchen and bathroom floor
5. File paperwork - DONE
6. Make a grocery store run
7. Head to work to take advantage of my 45% discount before I leave - DONE
8. Attend a three-hour lab, skip a class, do 6 pages of workbook exercises, write a peer review for 2 classmates' papers and attend my grammar lecture. - DONE
9. Go to the credit union for trip money - DONE
10. Wash dogs blankets which are currently on the living room floor and smell like - well - dogs! - DONE
11. Make the guest bed for our great housesitter!
12. Walk dogs (necessary for our (and their) survival - otherwise they'll drive us nuts) - DONE
13. Wipe down bathroom
14. Print off paper work for trip and pack car bag, cooler, backpack and food cube (I'll take a picture of this later.) - DONE
15. Stop by Best Buy and get a converter for laptop to plug into car cigarette lighter.

I think that's it. You know, I am getting a little sleepy, but wonder if I could bust out parts of my list to get even better sleep later. This vacation is going to be a lifesaver - or sleepsaver. Take your pick!

Update #1: Only two things done, but I'm feeling the energy! I'll get it - I promise!
Update #2: Feeling good = getting things done!

2 comments:

Andi said...

Not sure if you will read this on your trip, but I hope you both have a WONDERFUL time!! Can't wait to hear about it!

Dennis and Valerie said...

Yeah! Have a great great great great time! :) And hopefully it will be both fun AND relaxing! :)

My mother-in-law would say, "A change is as good as a rest".

(I think it might be true, but don't tell her... kidding!) :)