Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Titles, Titles Everywhere

I had a couple of title ideas this morning:

"Et tu, Body?"
"My Coffee is Cold"
"Four Summer Classes at Once? I'm not crazy"
"Good Bye Sweet Pillow"
"Corporate America Stinks"
"Dave Ramsey is Haunting Me"
"Class While You Sleep"
"A Transvestite Just Walked Down the Hallway"

(Ok, not the last one, but I thought you' d like to know.)

With this insane summer schedule I've been keeping for the last five weeks, my body decided it had had enough. Beginning on the last day of June, my face exploded. The lack of sleep, exercise, water and proper nutrition from the previous three weeks caught up with me. I have had at least one honking huge zit every day for two weeks. I've been very blessed to never have had skin problems, so I don't know how to deal with this! Certain areas of my face HURT terribly and no amount of makeup conceals the massive red welts. Most makeup makes it look worse.
I have also seen a noticeable pallor to my skin. I've been living on coffee and Taco Bell for almost five weeks now, and it's beginning to show. (Coffee to keep my awake during the day, and Taco Bell being on the way to work when I forget to pack PB&J.) I long for the nights of 10 hours of uninterrupted slumber and peaceful awakenings.

And for the job? The job I thought would be fantastic, a boon to my experience? Um...well... to put it nicely: I'm not cut out for corporate America. The internship will be a boon to my resume (since it is a Berkshire Hathaway Company) but that's about all it's good for.

I have nine minutes till class starts. Look for my post of joy in about three days!

1 comment:

Dennis and Valerie said...

Wow. Those are some titles!

Sorry to hear about your facial explosion. Welcome to my world, oh lady of the porcelein skin! :) No really, I am sorry.

Please tell me something fun has happened for you guys in the last week.