Friday, September 26, 2008

Deal? Or No Deal?

I'm having a tough time of it these past few weeks. Not school, not work, but other...stuff. I can't go into details, (there are too many of them, for starters), but I'm exhausted deep in my soul. There are so many things that have drained me dry. I feel as if I should sleep for days just to shut out any more possible information that may be heading my way.

I talked to a family member last night about being overwhelmed and dealing with the "stuff." We realized that this is one of the hardest parts about being an adult: Actually knowing all the "stuff" that's out there. I'm sure it existed before, but we were thankfully insulated from the knowledge of it. I don't think I have a very good coping mechanism for handling these things.

How do you deal with all the stuff?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not a very good example of handling the "stuff of life". My best approach is acknowledging that everything that happens or is of concern to me is backed by my Soveriegn God. I have prayed and also picked up the burden upon praying. Eph. 1:1-14 was my reading this morning--seated in the heavenlies in Christ Jesus. For me, the more consistant I am in spending time with the Lord, the less overwhelming is the "stuff". I wish I could say I practice what I preach all the time, but I do know that the Lord Jesus went up to the Mtn. to meet with the Father. Another 2 verses that I have come to appropriate a little more often are: "Casting all your care upon Him, for He careth for you."
Also: "Men ought always to pray and not to faint." I will pray for you. Love in Christ, Pat