Friday, January 09, 2009

Dairy and Me

I realized that unsuspecting readers may expect this post to detail the effects that dairy has on my body. However, nothing could be further from the truth. Which is: I love milk. Milk loves me. We have had a long and happy relationship for nearly 28 years. However, something seemed to be missing. The milk I remember pouring on my cereal when I was eight tastes nothing like the gallons of 1% I grab from the refrigerator today. It was slightly sour, tasteless and hard to drink alone.

However, on December 29, 2008, that scenario changed. That is the day I had my first glass of Horizons Organic 1% milk.


I think I specifically avoided the organic bandwagon to prove to myself that "regular" food was just as good. I may now have to go over to the natural side because of the amazing experience I have had with my current favorite beverage.

The taste? Sublime!
The texture? Extremely milk-like?
Aftertaste? Nothing but fantastic!

If you haven't had a chance to try Horizon's dairy products, pay the extra money and just do it. You'll mouth and your cereal will thank you!

(Man, Horizon should hire me! I could sell their milk all day long!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really must e-mail Horizon's your blog post. Maybe they collect customer testimonials. If not, maybe they'll start!

Anonymous said...

Is it a dairy product that would entice a person to drink milk if one has never liked it?

Anonymous said...

WHAT THE?!?!
This is the result of a semester short of a marketing degree? Join me at:
www.bringbacktheoldlayout.com

Kate said...

Thanks for the positive (and not so positive) comments! First: maybe I should send my post to Horizon! Second: If I didn't like milk and tried Horizon's, I would be instantly converted. And Thirdly: at least I have a new layout! (And I've never claimed to be a web designer - not enough hours in my life!)
Keep commenting! The conversation is always interesting!

Andi said...

I love the new look of the blog!! very cool!!

Dennis and Valerie said...

When I first saw your title, my mind immediately went to "elimination diet" and then I realized I'm just fixated with my own problems... :)

Yay for good milk! Never a dull bowl of cereal again.