Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Dental Hygiene

I hate brushing my teeth.
This does not mean that I don't brush my teeth.
Because I do!
Twice daily.
I love the way my mouth feels after the deed is done - clean, minty and fresh.
But I hate poking a plastic stick into my mouth and I hate the way little dribbles of toothpaste that occasionally end up on my chin.
I like many other tedious tasks like matching socks, sorting laundry, cleaning out drawers and vacuuming the floors.
But, brushing my teeth?
I could live without it.
Unfortunately, my teeth could not - or my gums for that matter.
So, you won't see yellowed teeth on me any time soon nor a bad case of gingivitis.
But, just remember: I'm not doing it because I like it, only because I have to.

1 comment:

Andi said...

Ya know, all the time I find more ways that we are alike. I hate it too. I also hate washing my hands because I hate when they get dry. Again, I do it, I just don't like it :) I am so glad someone else shares this weird quirk with me!